We know your circumstances can change, and we are ready to help. Whether you get married, have children, change jobs or anything in between, familiarize yourself with what actions you need to take and what impact they could have on your benefits.
Because you pay health care premiums on a pre-tax basis, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) limits your ability to make changes to your benefits during the year. You can enroll or make a change to your benefits during the year if you have experienced a qualifying life event, such as:
- Change in marital status.
- Change in number of dependents (e.g., birth, death or adoption).
- Change in employment status for you, your spouse or dependent impacting coverage.
- Change in dependent eligibility (e.g., attaining age 26).
- Medicare or Medicaid entitlement for you, your spouse or dependent causing gain or loss of coverage.
- Gain or loss of other coverage through your spouse or for your dependent.
- Receipt of a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO).
- Job status changes, such as from part-time, seasonal or temporary status to full-time status.
You may add or terminate coverage, change coverage levels (e.g., from single to family coverage), and add or remove dependents. However, you cannot change plans mid-year (e.g., from the EPO to the HSA Plan).
Life events must be submitted within 30 days of the event, or within 60 days for a birth, adoption, placement for adoption, or changes to Medicaid or SCHIP eligibility.
Do not delay; time is of the essence! If you experience a qualified life event, you need to open a life event in UKG. The event must be opened, and proof provided in the timeframe specified. For more information, log into the UKG website and choose Myself > Life Events and review your options.